I have been a working woman in the real world for approximately eight and a half months. I can’t believe on July 1st it will be one year. Time really does fly. I couldn’t have landed a better first job. When I was in my internship, I really was not a fan of clinical (call Kathleen if you want details…. please don’t). I’m not sure what it was. Maybe it was the lack of control (I like control sometimes………). Maybe it was the fact that in the hospitals you talk to someone for 5 minutes, if that, and then you most likely won’t see them again because they are discharged from the hospital so quickly. I like to form relationships with people.
When I was offered the job in subacute care, it was the perfect marriage between clinical and what I wanted, to form relationships with people I am helping. I like to see what I am doing is actually making a difference. “They”, ya know, them, say you should get clinical experience when you first graduate from the internship to gain experience with different diseases. I have really learned a lot and I am happy that I went with a clinical job first. I have learned so much from my coworkers, between the nursing staff, social workers, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, doctors and essentially everyone I come across in my every day life, I am happy. I also don’t think I could have better coworkers. They understand my weird personality, they accept the fact that I am a dietitian who likes (LOVES) to eat and they give me hugs.
As I finish up my eighth month of work, ya know what I think, VACATION TIME. Rebeka and I will be leaving for vacation on Wednesday. We will be leaving while the snow falls, buh byeeeeee snow. Lots of pictures to come!
Now, chicken, potato, cauliflower and BACON! (cpcB)
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
4 medium potatoes, skin on, cut into cubes
2 cups cauliflower florets
1/3 cup of olive oil
1.5 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. freshly ground pepper
1 Tbsp. paprika
2 Tbsp. garlic powder
6 Tbsp. hot sauce
2 cups cheese (cheddar, taco blend, jack)
1/2 cup – 3/4 cup bacon crumbles (Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Line with bacon. Bake for 17-20 minutes. Make the entire pack of bacon and use extra for a salad, breakfast sandwiches or for the bacon and chocolate donut recipe I have coming up next (!!!!!!!!!!!!!))
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- In a large bowl,mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, pepper and hot sauce, stir until combined.
- Add the potatoes and cauliflower, stir to coat.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Carefully spoon the potatoes and cauliflower into the baking dish, leaving the extra sauce behind.
- Bake the potatoes and cauliflower for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cook until sharp knife can go through potatoes easily.
- Add the cubed chicken to the left over sauce and stir to coat. Place in the fridge while potatoes and cauliflower cook.
- When the potatoes are cooked, remove from oven and lower the temperature of the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the chicken to the top of the potato/cauliflower mixture.
- Add the cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
Adapted from cooklisacook.blogspot.com