Have you ever made homemade peanut butter? I know it may look daunting, but it is one of the easiest things I have ever done.
All you need –> a food processor (which was the best investment in the world), 1 cup of peanuts & 1 cup of almonds.
- Add the peanuts & almonds to the food processor.
- Press on.
- As you can see below, it will turn into crumbs, then condensed crumbs, a ball & then a butter. I let it spin for about a minute & it is not a very smooth butter. If you want very smooth, let it spin for 10 to 15 minutes. You need to allow the oils to help smooth it out into the consistency you like.
- This will make about 8 oz. of nut butter. Place in a glass mason jar & place in the fridge so it lasts longer.
I made it with roasted salted peanuts & roasted unsalted almonds. There are SO many options you can do.
- 1 cup peanuts, 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup peanuts, 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup cashews, 1 cup almonds
You can also do roasted, salted, honey roasted, raw, spicy, caramelized nuts, there are so many different options. You can add cinnamon, vanilla, cayenne pepper, chocolate, honey, use your imagination!
If you go to your local farmer’s market on the weekend, if there is a nut vendor, take advantage! They have some awesome flavors.
Good luck! Let me know how you do below!