This is an oaty but a goodie (ok, oldie)!
- 3.5 cups of oat flour (measure 3.5 cups of oats & place in food processor to make the flour)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, make the oat flour (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add all the dry ingredients to the food processor – brown sugar, ground cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda & flaxseed. Process for another 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, combine all the wet ingredients – applesauce, eggs, bananas & vanilla. Mash with a potato masher.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients & mix until well combined.
- Coat a bread pan with oil & add mixture.
- Place in the oven & bake for 40-50 minutes. Take out of the oven when the top is starting to brown.
Top with honey & cinnamon & have it with your eggs in the morning. Or make a peanut butter sandwich with two pieces. Or spread some nutella on top. Or melt some chocolate chips on top. The possibilities are endless!!