- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2/3 cup of cream**
- 2/3 cup of whole milk**
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 4-6 cups chopped broccoli**
- 3 large chicken breast**
- 1 lb. regular or gluten free fettuccini**
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add a dash of salt to the water.
- If using large chicken breast, cut in half & pound to same thickness.
- Salt & pepper both side of the chicken.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet & bake for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, boil the broccoli for 5-7 minutes.
- If you are like me, you like to use minimal pots. Scoop the broccoli out of the pot of water & set aside.
- Bring the water back to a boil & cook pasta as directed on package.
- Drain pasta when cooked & rinse with cold water.
- Place large pot back on heat & reduce to medium low.
- Add the oil & garlic to the pot & cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cream & milk & bring to a boil. WATCH THIS, it will burn!
- Right when it starts boiling, reduce to medium low heat & add cheese.
- Stir until combined.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Add the pasta & stir.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces, or whatever size you want.
- Add the broccoli & chicken & stir.
- I think it would be ok to decrease the cream to 1/3 cup & increase the whole milk to 1 cup. This will decrease the saturated fat.
- I used 4 cups of broccoli. I think I would add another cup or two to really increase the vegetable content.
- Use three large chicken breast or 4-5 small chicken breast.
- Why use gluten free pasta? I find that it has minimal ingredients, usually rice & water. I like that.
Adapted from juliasalbum.com