Hi all. I’m sorry I haven’t been blogging, there has been a lot going on. I fell off the blog wagon. A little update.

April 4, 2017. Tuesday. Ugh I could have slept in this weather allll day (I mean I did). Set alarm for 7 am, snoozed until around 7:14 am, whoops. Up, quick shower, dad texting me at 7:25 am he was here. AH. “Two minutes!!”. Leggings on, uggs on, sweater on, hat on, Kim kiss, buh bye. Dad had my cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese, everything bagel with cream cheese for him. Made it in by 8 am. Called in for blood at 8:05 am. Just a finger stick, labs are fairly good, WBC is a little low but nothing to be alarmed about. 

Went upstairs. Saw the doctor in the elevator. She said I looked good, obv doc, hehe. We talked about how I was bald and I don’t really mind it, dad took off his hat and said something about his bald head, doc said, “well atleast yours will grow back”, sounds like Kim lol. Called in for treatment by 8:30 am. Had a new nurse, she was very nice and seemed like she really knew what she was doing. All the nurses there are great, just some seem more confident than others and that’s important. It was chilly in there because majority of the walls are glass and it was a cold and dreary day. A lot of the days I have had chemo have been rainy, I guess it’s just a sad day. Although it really isn’t. I’m getting medicine to help me live, I’m also getting medicine that makes me sleepy and gives me a good nap, I’ll take it. 

Two warm blankets on, IV fluids flowing, steroid then Benadryl and Pepcid then zzzzzzzzzzzz. 10:45 am came around, dunzo. I was still sleepy. Finished the second half of my bagel. Dad dropped me off by 11:15 am. Got some water and iced tea (and maybe some sun chips) and head up to bed. I was outttttttt. Looked at the clock and it was around 2:30 pm. I was sleepy and it felt good. Woke up to a text from Kim, just a picture. 

He got his golf balls for the season made with the last day of my chemo treatment put on it in pink, sigh. I’ve come to realize I say to him, “you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me I never want to live without you” more and more. I love you just doesn’t seem to do the job. He hasn’t been feeling well and it FREAKS ME OUT. I made him go to the doctor yesterday. They took blood, waiting on results. It will be ok. 

I did some work for a few hours. Kim and I were making fried rice for dinner. Finally got out of bed around 5:30 pm. Made dinner together, quite a success. Drank some cran-raspberry la croix.

Slippers all day. Maybe some Hershey kisses (chocolate and carrot cake flavor, they’re actually good) and maybe some Chips Ahoy cookies, sigh, steroids and not giving a shit combined. Tonight, RHOBH finale and snuggles. 

I have four treatments left, I can’t believe it. I’m so thankful for MSK, medicine, doctors, family and friends. Tuesday, May 2nd is my last treatment, less than a month. Eyebrows are thinning, obviously very bald, eyelashes are thinning as well. Oh I got fake eyelashes put on. Kind of a success but kind of points how how few eyelashes I have? Meh whatevs. I’ll get them filled maybe once more then call it a day. Anyway, I will be back regularly soon. 

Love you all. 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s